Saturday, August 11, 2012

Oh My Zeus

I only had one night in Olympia during my Spring travels because everyone and their mothers told me that it was not worth any sort of trip. Personally I think they were wrong. Olympia was such a tiny place that it was AWESOME. It was a nice quiet area and my hotel was comfy. It only took a few minutes to get to the major sites and it was just relaxing. That is what a vacation is supposed to be about: Relaxation. Yes, it didn't really need more than a day to explore (unless you want to actually hike places), but if you don't want to be bothered and want some peace, this is a nice place to be.

After I checked in, my afternoon was spent walking around the tiny town and then making my way to the Olympic Museum. It was closed. It was supposed to be open, but it wasn't. I was sad. Here is the outside of the building.


After failing to get into the Olympic Museum, I headed to the Archaeological Museum of Olympia. Here are a few things I saw.



The outside of the museum was pretty. Although the garden they had was a little pathetic. I think it might have been in mid-remodel though. I hope it was because it was a bit bare. It was still pretty even with how bare it looked, so credit to the landscaper.



Practically everything was closed and it wasn't even 5pm, so I headed back to the hostel and wasted my time on my computer. The following morning, I woke up early to check out the ruins. You can tell it was early because the sun was still coming up. I don't have the ruins map with me and I don't remember what each of these photos are of, so here are some pictures of the ruins!





Yay Ruins! Yay Olympia!
After the quick trip to Olympia, I headed to Patras to stay an evening and then head to port!

No comments:

Post a Comment